Wednesday 13 November 2013

Well hello future readers




3,000 miles from home

From fried chicken and mashed potatoes to fish and chips, I've traveled from my simple hometown, Milledgeville, Georgia, to the beautiful gothic styled city of Glasgow in Scotland, UK. I'm a southern belle living in a rugged city with my own handsome weegie and I tell you, I couldn't be happier. 


 Me in a nutshell.







My name is Courtney Kitchings. I guess you could say I use the creative side of my brain. My passions lie in God, singing, theatre, writing, playing piano, travel, and always staying true to me no matter where I go.
 

I have a beautiful family whom I love so much--Barry Kitchings (my father), and Mary Kitchings (my mother), Keely Kitchings (my older sister), Kyle Kitchings (my older brother), and Kallie Kitchings (my brothers wife). I can't explain to you about the relationship I have with my family--they are truly wonderful people. Beautiful inside and out. Even though I'm across the world, we still love each other dearly.

I have my person. Yes, like Grey's Anatomy (even though I don't watch the show)...but I do. I have my person--Bailey Grant. We've been together since our wee diaper-days! She's a kind soul with a heart that gives to everyone. She's the person that I can share my lame thoughts with. She's who I can be silly and serious with at the same time. She the person, that even though I'm so far from her and although we can't always talk is always there for me when I need her. She has no idea how much I cherish our friendship.

 I have my Buffy. To my Willow of course. She's the one who always helped push me to my creative side. She's one person who has had some tough times in life but has still come out stronger from them. She's a dreamer, fighter, and passionate person. She's the Finn to my Jake, the Chowder to my Mung. She's made me into the nerd I am today and I can't help for thank her for that.


And last but not least, I no longer have my heart. All my life I've lived in the state of Georgia. Yet I've always loved traveling, going from place to place with my wonderful family. We went all over the States. However, when I was young we never got the chance to travel outside of the states. I just always felt like their was something out there for me--outside of the US. And there was...I just hadn't met him yet.


Our Story.

He has my heart. Most people don't know the exact time they'd met the person that would change they're life forever; the person they'd be spending the rest of their life with. But thankfully, we do. 

2:45 

I worked as a greeter in a shop called Madewell at the time in Atlanta, Ga. I was bored, tired, and sick of smiling--I needed my break soon. Unlike most days I didn't have my watch on me so I had no idea what time my break was. I looked over to see a very good-looking guy sitting in the front of the shop. Now I don't normally ask customers the time, especially cute ones, but I figured, "why heck not?". So I did it.



I asked my soon-to-be husband the time and he answered with a smile, "2:45". 

Surprisingly he answered with a very Scottish accent--50 billion points to him! Donny Harwood. And from then on it just flowed naturally. One month turned into two and two turned into five and so on. But unlike most, Donny and I were faced with a tough decision. He was only in America for one year and then it was back to Scotland for his PhD. We would be separated. Neither of us wanted that--we knew that we had the one. 

So logically I put two and two together. I love Donny. I love to travel. Go to Scotland. Live in Scotland. See the world. Live.

And I did it. Some people probably think we're crazy but I love every-bit of it. Yes, I miss my family and friends dearly. No, I don't expect a fairytale life. But I am blessed. Grateful for everything God has given me.

In two weeks I get to marry my best friend. He is my rock. My silliness. My shoulder to lean on. He brings out more emotions in me than anyone every has. He loves me unconditionally.




Okay, don't worry.

No, this blog isn't going to be all consumed about me, my family and friends, nor my love life. It's just going to be about life--things that I'm interested in and want to share. Places I've been, people we've met. Music. DIY. Just a wanderluster in training's life.









5 comments:

  1. I Lurrve This Court :D It makes me wanna blog myself :P I'm Defo Gonna Keep Reading This :D Love Youuu! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney! As one blogger to another…This is wonderful! I cannot wait to read future posts. Great job, darlin! So proud of you and so happy for you!
    Berta Hartzell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was soooo good Court!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more! Congratulations!

    Pam Gray

    ReplyDelete